6 Questions eLearning Vendors Will Ask Before Development—Infographic
To make your eLearning project a success, be ready to answer these questions that any competent eLearning vendor will ask.
1. What Are The Business Problems And Training Gaps?
The first step is to start with recognizing the business problem in your organization rather than straightaway looking for a training solution. To understand what you are trying to achieve, your eLearning vendor will want to know your business and training goals.
2. Who Are The Project Contributors?
The development of eLearning requires constant communication with your vendor. A competent vendor would want to know all those who will be involved in the project. Contributors include Subject Matter Experts, Project Managers, and reviewers.
3. What Are Your Expectations From eLearning?
Your stakeholders might want the entire training content to be in the form of an online course. However, after an analysis based on the learning objectives, the vendor may identify appropriate content that is best suited to be part of the eLearning course while leaving the rest to be handled through other formats.
4. What Does Your Audience Need To Learn? How Well Aware Are They Of Their Learning Need(s)?
To make eLearning effective, it is important to design eLearning according to the audience. So a competent eLearning vendor would seek clarity while analyzing your eLearning audience by asking the following questions:
- What are your audience's learning needs?
- How experienced are they?
- Do learners have an equal level of prior knowledge on the subject?
- What is their educational background?
- What are the different roles your audience has within the organization?
- What are the specific skills or information they need to have?
- How technology-friendly is your audience? What will they use to access eLearning—mobiles/desktops/iPads?
- What would be the ideal course duration that does not impact their day-to-day job?
- What are their learning preferences?
- What will be the appropriate learning delivery method based on the subject to be taught?
- Will the course need to be translated for learners with different language preferences?
5. What Should Be The Duration Of The eLearning Course? What Level Of Interactivity Do You Prefer?
The vendor would want to know about the duration and the level of interactivity you want. Typically, the way content is presented dictates its eLearning duration and seat time.
6. What Are The Project Completion And eLearning Implementation Deadlines?
Before the project starts, the entire development process, tasks, responsible parties, and timelines must be clearly defined by you (the stakeholders) as well as by the vendor.