eLearning for the Mobile Learning Generation Infographic
eLearning has grown in complexity due to the introduction of mobile devices and the growth in operating systems. With the increased demand for mobile learning, clients in turn need to understand the complexities and requirements involved in creating mobile learning courseware. The corporate environment is under increased pressure to offer learning solutions outside of mandate browsers and devices, with the ease of access to smart devices employees and students require learning materials to be readily available.
On the flip side, the rapid increase in the use of mobile devices opens a new world of training opportunities to organizations that have not considered mobile learning. We have put together a short mobile learning infographic to highlight the important changes and aspects organizations need to consider.
The Corporate Environment is under increased pressure to offer learning solutions outside of mandate browsers and devices.
- Traditional Corporate Environment
- 40% IE
- Public Environment
- 60% Chrome
- 10% IE
- 5 billion mobile phones in the world
- In 2014 1.2 billion are smart phones
- The smart phone operating systems by 2018:
- 74% Android
- 14% IOS
- 7% Microsoft
- 2.7% Blackberry
- 2.3% Others
What should we convert to mobile and for whom?
- Identify your target audience; is the eLearning for customers, employees, or partners? What audience are constantly on the move?
- Mobile Training Requirements: Legacy Material or New Content
- 1.7 billion (2018) vs 1.2 (2014) billion learners who have access to smart devices.
Growing your mobile strategy
- Smart Device Market Dominated by 2 Operating Systems:
- 30% Android
- 19% iOS
- Corporates moving toward supplying employees with smart devices – BYOD
- 2013 172 million
- 2016 283 million
- Complete Redesign for Mobile Success: Coders
- Responsive HTML5: Tools, Coders
- Convert to HTML5: Captivate, Articulate Storyline