Did you know that in 2016 the eLearning market will be worth 51 billion dollars?
6 Interesting trends and forecast about the eLearning market for 2014-2016!
- The worldwide market for self-paced eLearning (worth $35.6bn in 2011) is estimated to be growing at around 7.6% a year.
- According to recent regional studies, the Asian market is showing the highest annual growth rate, at 17.3%; followed by Eastern Europe, Africa, and Latin America at 16.9%, 15.2%, and 14.6%, respectively.
- The market for learning management systems (LMS) is currently worth $2.55bn worldwide.
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is helping to increase the size of the e-learning market.
- Surveys show that SaaS brings: speed of implementation; savings on capital expenditures, and savings in terms of operational expenses.
- In mature markets, the biggest trend of 2014 is turning a cost-driven system like an LMS into a revenue generating system. (check this blog post for more on that!)