EdTech in the United States Infographic
As schools chase the one-to-one dream, students weigh in on tech in the classroom. The EdTech in the United States Infographic presents interesting stats and facts about the usage of digital devices and educational technology in U.S. schools.
Where do schools stand?
- 48 MILLION public schools in the United States
- 13.2 MILLION computing devices in K-12 schools across the country
- 1:3.6 estimated ratio of devices to students in the United States
The devices they are using
- 4.7 MILLION desktop computers
- 2.3 MILLION tablets
- 3.9 MILLION notebooks
- 2.3 MILLION other
What students think
- 81% of students agree that using tablets in the classroom lets them learn in a way that’s best for them.
- 63% of students would like to use mobile devices in the classroom more often than they do now.
- 51% of students across all grade levels feel that it is important for their schools to provide them with a notebook on a one-to-one basis.
- 43% of students feel that it is important for their schools to provide them with a tablet one-to-one.
You can adjust your cookie preferences here.