10 Amazing Facts About Cloud Computing Infographic
Cloud Computing is a popular term today that we hear every now and then. Actually, cloud computing entails the use of a vast network of interconnected internet-hosted remote servers, called cloud, for availing services such as storage, software, database, networking, and various IT resources, over the internet. It is a kind of virtual server.
The biggest advantage of this computing service is that it is dependable, secure, and readily available. But of course, there are many details regarding its benefits which may have slipped your mind. Now, it is your chance to find out all about Cloud Computing through such an informative infographic.
Have a look at the 10 amazing facts about cloud computing that will add to your knowledge about this technology:
1. Cloud Computing is up to 40 times more cost-effective for a Small and Medium Business (SMB), compared to running an in-house IT system.
2. 94% of SMBs have found security benefits in the cloud that they didn’t receive in their on-premises service.
3. 70% of businesses have reported that they’ve been able to reinvest funds into their business by the virtue of using the cloud-computing technology.
4. 80% of the companies that move to cloud witness improvements in their IT departments in less than six months.
5. A new cloud server is added for every 600 smartphones or 120 tablets in use.
6. 75% of businesses report that availability of service has improved since moving to the cloud.
7. As part of the “cloud-first” policy, 48% of the U.S. Government agencies have begun using the cloud!
8. About 60% of the organizations today are preferring to hire professionals with cloud expertise.
9. According to an estimate made by industry experts, by 2020, 40 Zettabytes of data will be held in the cloud; this is a really huge figure indeed.
10. By 2020, cloud computing will cross the $270 billion mark in investment.