30 Facts About Gamification in eLearning Infographic
Gamification in eLearning Infographic
Over 75% people are gamers (50% casually and 27% moderately to fairly often).
Learners recall just 10% of what they read and 20% of what they hear. If there are visuals accompanying an oral presentation, the number rises to 30%, and if they observe someone carrying out an action while explaining it, 50%. But learners remember 90% “if they do the job themselves, even if only as a simulation.
- Almost 80% of the learners say that they would be more productive if their university/institution or work was more game-like.
- Over 60% of learners would be motivated by leader boards and increased competition between students.
- 89% would be more engaged win an e-learning application if it had point system.
Favorite Gamification Techniques
- Progressing to different levels
- Virtual Currencies
Less Favorite Gamification Techniques
- Competition with friends
- Virtual Gifts
- Being Part of a narrative (so called “interactive fiction”)
- Real time performance feedback and activity feeds
The Most Effective Uses of Gamification in Learning
- Illustrating progress
- Increase engagement
- Creating challenges
- Instilling a sense of accomplishment
The Future of Gamification in eLearning Industry
- By 2015 50% of organizations managing innovation processes will gamify aspects of their business.
- Accordingly, by 2015, 40 percent of Global 1000 organizations will use gamification as the primary mechanism to transform business operations.
- 53% of responders say that by 2020 gamification will be widely adopted by most of industries, communications scene and most of all education.
Gamification has proven to be a successful motivation strategy – if done the way the learners want! So, how Learners would like to use their Gamified Learning Management System. Check the Gamified Learning Management System: An Upcoming Motivation Strategy to find out more!
TalentLMS is easy and most effective solution for growing organizations. It is a cloud based learning management system that offers easy way of engaging your trainees in learning. It provides great, fast and most efficient way of training employees and customers in all kinds of organizations that want to grow and have fun while doing it!
Last but not least, you may want the article 30 Facts About Gamification in eLearning.