The Distracted Generation Infographic
Distracted Generation Infographic
We live in a fast-paced and modern world. Children today are exposed to so many stimuli, and have so many ways to consume both entertainment and knowledge. In a world with so many distractions, how do we keep children focused on reading?
Create A Passion For The Written Word
- From an early age, show your children that reading is not a bore. It’s fun!
- 26% of children who were read to by family members 3-4 times in the past week could recognize the entire alphabet.
- 14% of children who were read less frequently could not.
- 4th grader who reported have more than 25 books at home scored higher on reading test than those that didn’t.
- As your kids grow, read them stories on a regular basis. Not only with this heighten their imagination, it will also show them that books can be fantastic portals to other worlds.
- Having books, magazines, and newspapers around the house show your kids that these things are a part of everyday life.