The Modern College Student Infographic
6 Facts About The Modern College Student Infographic
With Technology, the landscape of college education has done a complete turnaround. Gone are the days of notebooks, printed syllabi, and textbooks. Now it’s iPads, smartphones, and ebooks.
- 73% of college students (sample size of 500) said they cannot study without technology.
- 38% of college students cannot go 10 minutes without checking their email, tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- 70% of students use keyboards to take notes (no more paper).
- 65% use digital devices to create presentations.
- 91% of students used email to communicate with professors.
- 98% of students who own an e-reader read e-textbooks.
The Modern Student Tech Spending
- Students spent $13 billion on electronics in 2009.
- Digital textbooks cost approximately 40% less than printed textbooks.
- Retailers are selling $400 netbooks used by students primarily for term papers and note taking.